What You Were Reading in 2011: My Top 10 (and then some...)
First of all, a thank you.
You geeks are what keep me writing. I love having a little place to nerd out and I appreciate you so much for visiting (and a special fist pump to
the 5 of you those of you who come back again and again).
Top Posts of 2011
So it wouldn't be a new year without a look back, right? Here's the obligatory bandwagon retrospective post a look back on my most popular posts last year.
- PSA: Only you can stop Comic Sans abuses
The biggest day for the blog this year was a surprise to me. Turns out that Google played a little April Fool's joke on the world: If you searched "Comic Sans" on April 1st, your search page was suddenly reformatted in Comic Sans. (It was a great prank) And it also turned out that a comic I posted on my site was the #2 result in Google Images for that search.
Here's how the rest of the posts lined up:
- Bunny Suicides: Why The Cadbury Eggs Are Offing Themselves
- Geek Art: These Are Not The Droids You Are Looking For...
- Geek Awesomeness: Epic Post-It Art Battle
- Websites and Social Media as Gifts: The Mixed Tape Of Today's Generation?
- And to be incredibly meta: Top 10 Top Ten Lists of 2010
- Turn on Google 2-Step Verification. Now.
- Starting May 6: LEGO Community Garden at Canadian Tulip Festival
- Kewl Design Alert: HTC Thunderbolt's Built-in Stand
- Friday Fun: How We Call the Dude for Dinner (my personal fave ;)
Some of my older posts keep bringing the folks back including,
- Smart design: kids' room (2009)
- Hallowe'en Costume Geekspiration (2010)
- Creepiest fish in the whole world
- When good dev projects go bad: illustrated (2009)
I also started posting some of my posts to BlogHer. Here's what struck a chord over there:
- Why I Can't Imagine My Life Without Evernote
- Mistaking "Social" for "Personal"
- My Ideal Social Network: It's Not Google Plus. It's Less.
- Please Tell Your Kids: That Magazine is Not a Broken iPad
- Facebook In Real Life Would Be Super Creepy (video)
- Wanna Know If There's An App For That? Well, there's An App For That.
- Kindle Fire: First Step to Amazon World Domination?
- May the 4th Be With You: Star Wars Bobble Heads
- 6 Steps to Finding The Twitter Chat That's Right For You
- The Value and Power of Twitter (video)
Share your thoughts
So what did you enjoy reading this year? Maybe you didn't get a chance to stop by very much, so this will serve as a handy list of posts you can catch up on. (See? Me, being helpful ;)
Thanks for visiting! Here's to another year of geeky goodness :)