Announcing: Spydergrrl On The Web Is On Facebook! Here's Why...
|Click to LIKE Spydergrrl on the Web|
I'd been mulling over the idea for quite some time, but to be honest, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do it right. You see, my last job was acting as an advisor on social media for communications and branding (critiquing social media plans and strategies) so I knew that if I ventured beyond Twitter and the blog, I would have to give it the attention it deserved.
In late March, I decided to take take the leap and launch a Facebook page. And so far, so good.
Why Facebook?Actually, it's in response to your feedback!
- I've been told by more than one of you that it's really hard to keep up with 5 posts a week (sorry, but there's just too much geeky goodness out there not to share ;)
- Some of you are just like me on the Twitters: following far too many people to catch the blog post tweets in your busy streams
- Some of your RSS readers are overloaded (and some of you are giving up on RSS since Google announced that it was killing Reader)
- You don't want to subscribe by email because you get. enough. email.
- Buuuut you like the idea of having a Facebook page where you could catch up on posts at your leisure.
Is it just a copy of the blog?Nope. The page is actually different from the blog and Twitter feeds in that I'm also sharing content from the sources I subscribe to on Facebook, random things I'm finding online and stuff that my friends and followers recommend. Plus, not surprisingly, there's a little more chitchat going on there about the posts.
In addition to links back to the blog, you'll find news articles, links to other blogs, YouTube videos, geek culture references... anything I can share that is a good science, tech and geek find.
And if you're worried about noise, rest assured that I have committed to posting no more than 4 times a day in order to prevent from monopolizing your newsfeed.
So why don't you head on over to the page and hit Like? MOAR geeky goodness is only a good thing, right?